Sunday 30 October 2016

A weekend of repeats

Yesterday I washed my car, thoroughly and felt pleased with the shiny result.
Today I took the DBEM to see the Embroidery Exhibition and we parked the car in the middle of the car park.  Not under a tree, not near a fence and not on the side of the road.  An hour later we returned and the shiny car was now spotted with excrement from what I take to be a swarm of bees.  Little yellow orange spots dotted the shiny cobalt blue of my Mazda.   So this afternoon I washed my car thoroughly -  AGAIN

Today I measured the floss needed to make a twisted cord for my newly completed box top.   I twisted the floss, knotted it carefully and measured the box.   Oh dear not long enough.   So I consulted my book, measured carefully, twisted the floss, knotted the ends AGAIN!   Success.   Here is the box top.   I love it and am so pleased to have finally completed a stitched top for this box which I bought twenty years ago while on holiday in the South Island.
The perspective of this photo is skew-whiff - the stitching is actually centred.   Now to find a use for the box.

10 comments:

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

A lovely box top, Margaret.

Chris said...

Lovely to read your blog again Margaret, beautiful top on your box and I looked back, some beautiful stitching.. sorry about your car, but well done you cleaning it again, we take ours to a hand wash, but not that often.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Very nicely done.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I love shaker style boxes, they're so good to look at and useful too. Nice finish Margaret.

Unknown said...

Lovely Margaret! I am sure you will find a great use for it.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Beautiful little design and box. Your twisted cord finishes it perfectly.

Summer said...

The box is charming ♥

Queeniepatch said...

Of course you can store things in the box, but it should be placed so you can see the outside. It is a very beautiful box.
Is the box itself bentwood? It resembles a traditional Japanese bento box.

Von said...

Just beautiful, Margaret!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

How was the exhibition?
Love the box finish, very decorative and hopefully you'll find a use for it too.