Friday 19 August 2016

While the boss is away.....

For the next two weeks my boss is on leave and today she came down to my desk, sat down and said,
"will you have plenty to do while I am away?"
Now, what sort of a question is that?   I meekly answered that I had enough work, all the while wondering what else she wanted done.
In point of fact I was in the middle of tidying my drawers and cleaning the top of my desk, so while I looked busy it wasn't exactly productive.
She grinned and said, "you might do mine while I'm gone or have you run out of tins?"
This photo shows the reason for that comment.   Score one point to the boss!

3 comments:

deb said...

First glance made me wonder about the tins comment but understood when I looked more closely at the drawer. Very nice, very neat, and everything to hand when you want it - exactly how a desk drawer ought to be. :)

Queeniepatch said...

I am sure your boss, and other colleagues, too, would like a tidy desk and drawers, but not do the job themselves. You need to run a workshops in keeping things organised!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Haha, you should suggest she brings back a tin of biscuits from her holiday and then you can both eat them and reuse the tin!