Thursday 11 February 2016

Voila, le biscornu

It is finished.
I was so sure I had swarovski crystal beads in this shade of green, but they are nowhere to be found so I opted for simplicity.   The centre bead is jade from a keyring given me many years ago by a friend.  Why waste a jade bead on a keyring?
And the back?   Well that is plain.
I don't know much French but I do know that everything is either feminine or masculine.  A biscornu?  Must be masculine I think, with all those stick-out corners :-)

9 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

A neat finish Margaret, the jade bead is just perfect.

Sandra said...

Beautiful work. I am hooked on Biscornus at the moment and would like to make one each month this year.

Silvana said...

bello raffinato ciao silvana

Pamela said...

It's beautiful!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

It turned out beautiful, Margaret! The jade bead is a perfect accent. Anything that edgy must be masculine. LOL.

KimM said...

Lovely biscornu. They're addicting, aren't they?
xxx

cucki said...

So pretty x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

It looks lovely! The jade bead is perfect. I don't know if biscornu is masculine or feminine but I do know it translates to a "wonky" which is not so attractive as a biscornu!

Fiona V said...

Margaret, you often send me down rabbit holes in search of knowledge.... And the answer to today's trivia search......In French biscornu is an adjective, not a noun, so sadly we theoretically can't call it le or la. If it is describing a masculine word it is spelt biscornu, and for a feminine word it is biscornue. Maybe we could alter the spelling depending on how well they sew together and how curvy the corners are!