Sunday 19 April 2015

And now I have a man!

I have been diligently building my house.   The East and West wings are now done and I am ready to put windows in the main building.   The two trees need to be planted on the right and a lady should appear at the gate.   I already have the man - and the lady-to-come can have him.  I don't think much of this fellow who is, at present, faceless:-)
Somehow this Casket has really gripped me and although I am too tired at night to do much stitching I am anxious to get it all done.   There are still some major decisions to be made -  such as what to stitch in the cartouche on the back panel; what inscription to put along the base of the fence on the lid panel; whether to put a garden in the space inside the fence or to put two boys and two girls.   Originally this was to be a 'family casket' but now it almost complete I have decided that the American influence in people and architecture is a possible obstacle to this becoming a family piece.  Perhaps I will make it completely neutral (ie no family initials, symbols etc) and hope that a niece or nephew may decide it would suit them.
Next weekend is another long weekend for us with the 27th being a public holiday.   I have promised to make a top for the HD3QBEM; pattern is chosen and fabric is purchased so it should be able to be done quickly.   I have promised myself to read some of the books on my bedside pile.   Since starting this new job I haven't been doing so much reading or stitching.  Last week I received my Nordic Needle catalogue and have ordered one hardanger chart which they tell me has already been despatched.   I am looking forward to starting that too.
Meanwhile I am off to cook dinner and relax with The Antiques Road Show.


6 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

The addition of the figure brings the piece to life Margaret.
I know what you mean about being tired, I've been the same this week and have managed less stitching and knitting as a result. Have a good week.

Wendy said...

It's coming along nicely!

Pamela said...

Beautiful stitching, even if the fellow isn't so agreeable. Let the lady have him! I look forward to seeing your new hardanger!

KimM said...

Oh my - what lovely stitching. I'd love to stitch a casket, but wouldn't know where to start.
xxx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great progress and a very elegant gentleman too.

Queeniepatch said...

Oh, I love your style of writing! Your blog posts are always filled with good stitching projects and amusing text. Maybe you will fall for the man, once he gets his face?