Sunday 29 June 2014

Why do hours in the day run out before the list is complete?

Full of good intentions I made a list on Friday of the weekend's chores and errands.   An excellent list it was, not too long and not too short.  But the hours of the weekend are almost gone and the list is not all ticked complete.   Oh dear.
However I have made some good progress on construction of the current stitching projects so here is the "show and tell"
First up the almost completed needlebook.   The empty space on the top right will have a mattress pincushion - yet to be constructed.   And I need to decide how I am going to stitch down the spine - shall I make the stitching show on the outside or the inside?   Ah...decisions decisions!   This needlebook is on Antique White Cashel linen and an assortment of floss to tone with the lining fabric (kindly sent to me by Ann of Beadlework).
The pincushion and the scissors fob to go inside the Cottage Etui are all complete.   Here's a montage of these two pieces.   The ends of the pincushion are indentical to the scissor fob.   I have given myself this week to finish the needlebook and the roof of the Cottage and hopefully next weekend to build the actual cottage.   Perhaps I am over optimistic- we shall see.
Anyway it is time to cook dinner now so I had better close this.
 

9 comments:

stitchersanon said...

Some lovely ideas there..gorgeous xx

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I do envy your ability to "sew" Margaret. I can stitch but sewing eludes me and I have the knack of ruining a perfectly good piece of work. I love the pincushion.

Terri said...

Your work is always so beautiful!

KimM said...

WOW! So pretty!!
hugs
xxx

Karen said...

What lovely pieces! I especially like the needlebook...very nice!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What exquisite finishing as always. A pleasure to see.

Ann said...

It all looks wonderful--beautiful finishing all the way around.

Blu said...

It all looks so great!

valerie said...

So pretty! I am enjoying seeing your cottage etui progress. I have a CA Wells project collecting dust. It seems very intimidating but the detail is lovely.