Sunday 22 June 2014

The HD3QBEM and I have just been to the thermal wonderland of Rotorua for a long weekend.  The hotel was lovely and warm - heated by the thermal waters and the restaurant produced delicious meals so I didn't have to cook :-)
Both of us enjoyed the break away and were delighted that the weather was fine.   The HD3QBEM added to her stash of wool (with some degree of moderation) and I managed to keep the mouth of my wallet closed while in the store.   I was rather taken with a class they were advertising (see here) but at 2 hours travel time this is a little far for me to go!
We found another quilting shop and the owner graciously allowed me to take a photo of her hexagon Christmas Tree.   Don't you think this is a wonderful idea?   I am thinking I might try and make one for Christmas this year - BUT (Note to self) not until I have completed the three stitched pieces which require construction!!
She had also made a great bag from hexagons too.   I particularly liked the way she had done the handles and can see that I might try and imitate this one too.
I took my iPad and read a couple of books as well as stitched  some Christmas Ornaments.   Fun indeed!
Three are the same and already the HD3QBEM has begged for one of the JOY ambigram ornaments to take to the sale of work at her Probus Club.  I want one for my tree and the other will go to the sale table at our Embroiderers' Guild sale table in September.
I managed to complete another two small medallions on Ring O Roses so am about half way through the fourth page.   However this will be put back to sleep for a while as I keep to my resolutions.
So it is now back to washing, cooking, dishes and work tomorrow.



4 comments:

Pamela said...

Sounds like a great weekend!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Fun away is always great--not so fun to return to the routine

cucki said...

Lund like a fun time
Hugs x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a lovely break for you both.

The hexie tree is a great, maybe for 2015? The button letters look fun too but something you could do yourself at home anyway.

I love the Christmas ornies you are stitching, green and red always say Traditional Christmas to me!