Friday 23 May 2014

Somebody told me I wear too much black so ....

Somebody told me I wear too much black so I decided to take a photo of what I wore to work each day this week.   It's not all black!
There is some grey, some white, a touch of silver, pearl earrings and one top even has pink roses!   But on the whole....it's black.  
Tomorrow is Saturday I and I will be in navy jeans, navy Chucks and a navy sweatshirt.   And the weather will ensure that I need to use my blue umbrella.   Proof that I don't always wear black!
Anyway now I'm off to stitch in white :-)   Once the white is finished I will be back on the beautiful colours of English Meadow as I begin the base of my Cottage Etui.

10 comments:

Pamela said...

I think black clothing looks professional. I look forward to seeing the cottage progress!

cucki said...

:)
You so sweet
Hugs x

Bonnie said...

I think you look like a working woman - very professional and right in style.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I think it's good to wear what makes you happy Margaret.

Shebafudge said...

You look gorgeous! Lovely photos of you!

shirley said...

I tend to wear a lot of black as well but lift it with touches of colour. I also like different tones of grey. So what is wrong with those colours...they are good standbys.

shop Lululemon said...

My expectation of this dress was not high. However, when I received it in the mail and tried it on, it completely blew me away! It was so beautiful and figure flattering.

Heather said...

You look great! And there is nothing wrong with wearing a colour you like.

The other month my mom told me I dress like I am in half mourning, so I've been making an effort to wear pink lately, rather than purple, grey and black. It is killing me!! lol!

stitchersanon said...

Nothing wrong with black. Black is the er...new black?

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Love Stitchersanon comment! Yes, black is professional, I always wore black when I worked in an office. In fact I wore black when I worked in a music venue but that was rock music black and I still wear black in the bookshop because our company colours happen to be black!
I do have a collection of 3/4 sleeve shirts in various berry colours I bought in an effort to liven up the black!

I also did one of those "What season are you?" workshops years ago. The expert pronounced me a Winter which means "you can wear strong colours, especially black", of course my friends fell about laughing hearing this!