Wednesday 21 May 2014

Sock Number 1

Despite the nasal congestion I have managed to finish my first sock.   There was a little happy dance, somewhat muted by the realisation that I need to knit another and it needs to match.
This specially dyed yarn which creates patterns and stripes with no effort on the part of the knitter is a wonder but also a worry.  Will I be able to find the identical spot in the remaining yarn where I can start sock number two and be assured that when I reach the toe these socks will look like identical rather than fraternal twins?   Let's hope so.
And don't worry, I am not suffering from cold toes while I am knitting these.   I already have four pairs knitted by the HD3QBEM!

7 comments:

Chris said...

That is a fabulous sock!

krayolakris said...

Great sock! Press on!

cucki said...

Beautiful x

KimM said...

Sweet!
xx

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I like your choice of sock yarn, it's very warm and cosy looking.

Heather said...

Yay! It looks wonderful!

Now, to stave off the dreaded second sock syndrome, you need to get to work on its mate very soon. Trust me on this. ;)

stitchersanon said...

ooo lovely. I love socks xxxxx