Saturday 31 August 2013

A Birthday lunch and ...

The dreaded desire to start something new has struck badly.   But I have too many things currently in the basket
Three remaining Christmas ornaments for finish-finish
The WALES band of the UK Trip book
A blackwork page for the NMMSAL.
Some knitting on the needles (must be done by summer) and
The Dress (must be sewn-finished by the end of October)
and a thousand and one other plans in my head so I will be well occupied until Christmas.   At least the ornaments in preparation for that are all done thanks to Stitching Lotus and her Ornament Stitch-A-Long  
I have prepared the grid for the blackwork page and plan to do a chequer board sampler

Oh yes, and there is a Christmas Tree wall hanging of Suffolk Puffs I need to do in order to fulfil a promise to a friend.   Oops - I have perhaps bitten off more than I can chew?
Today the HD3QBEM and I went out for sushi as her birthday celebration.   We had a happy time celebrating -  she's looking well don't you think?
And on the way home I called at the fabric store for two dress lengths.   One is a navy and white Japanese cotton and the other a black and white cotton sateen.   Both will be great to wear to work.  It feels like Spring is in the air so I need to get sewing!
Tonight while watching TV I shall finish-finish the canvas work purse and perhaps the remaining three Christmas ornaments?

6 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Busy, busy, busy - so much to do Margaret. It's a nice feeling though. Your mum looks great, please pass on happy birthday wishes from me.

cucki said...

Aww aww your mom is so sweet.please tell her I am saying happy birthday to her .
Enjoy your time dear busy bee
Hugs x

Chris said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom! That is quite a list of projects. The new dress fabric is lovely.

Bonnie said...

Oh my, your list is long. Can you get it all done? Of course you can - one piece at a time. I'll be cheering you on.

Pamela said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom! She looks very well and seems happy to be out eating sushi.
You have such self control when it comes to starting new projects. (Maybe I'd finish more if I weren't starting so many.) Blackwork is a favorite of mine, so I look forward to seeing your blackwork page.

Karen said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom! She does look great. :)

I hope you get some time to catch up. Just reading your "to do" list is exhausting me lol.