Thursday 10 January 2013

Chasing my tail


Back to work this week and I have been chasing my tail in an effort to catch up!   Today I finally managed to clear a portion of my desk of paper and can once again see the wood -  but the end is not yet in sight.

On the stitching front I have made a little progress but can see that the pace must be picked up if I am to meet my targets for this week.  Last night I cut out the cardboard shapes for two Christmas ornaments so you can guess what I will be doing tonight.
However a hindrance in the form of this has come across my path.
Have you ever had a book which gripped you to such an extent that morning tea and afternoon tea breaks and even the lunch hour are not long enough?   That's me at the moment.   By an effort of will I am not reading in time that should be designated to the following
- care for the HD3QBEM
- general boring household chores like cleaning, wshing, ironing & watering the garden
- exercise
- stitching
etc etc
Hopefully tomorrow I will have some stitching to show -  with three things only a hair's breadth from completion even I should manage that.




7 comments:

Bonnie said...

It is such a shame when that darn old necessity of "work" gets in the way of reading and stitching.

cucki said...

sending you lots of love x

Nicola said...

Housework certainly gets in the way of stitching for me. Good luck with your thee finishes.

Karen said...

Ohh I love those kinds of books, but I find them so rarely. Looking forward to seeing your finishes!

Pamela said...

I look forward to seeing your finishes!

Karoline said...

Looking forward to seeing your finishes. I heard lots of good reviews for 'Capital', glad to hear it's proving to live up to them

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Chasing my tail too Margaret, this week is running away from me and I can't keep up:-)