Tuesday 6 November 2012

Unbalanced

Today I have been off work after a night with terrible earache, cough fever and general malaise.   This morning the doctor told me that I am unbalanced because of a middle ear infection!  

So I have been lying on the sofa, drinking plenty of hot drinks and reading books -  I finished

and am now part way through  
 
Both are completely different styles of books but have kept me entranced for the day.
 
I have made a new start too -  a self designed blackwork "etui".  
 
Some time ago my boss gave me this cute little tin which I can just see with an inset pincushion and a tiny pair of gold scissors.  
 
The fabric is Graziano Nuvo Ricamo 38 Count and I am stitching in DMC 310.   Later I will add some gold to spice it up.   Hopefully I can transfer my ideas into reality.  
The HD3QEM has cooked dinner so I'm off to enjoy that.  Have a good evening everyone.
 


7 comments:

Nicola said...

I am looking forward to seeing your etui develop. I am sorry to hear that you are unwell, earache can be so debilitating.

Chris said...

Feel better soon!
The blackwork is lovely.

cucki said...

get well soon deary..
the blackwork is so pretty..
hugs xxx

Karoline said...

I hope you feel better soon

Your blackwork is lovely

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I'm sorry that you're not getting better Margaret. I hope you turn a corner soon. (The little round tin is so appealing, I've never seen one like it anywhere).

Pamela said...

I hope you are feeling better. The blackwork is lovely. I look forward to seeing the finished project.

Unknown said...

Hoping your feeling better soon, thank you for finding my blog I'm always delighted to find new blogs and what lovely blackwork, I'm a big fan and I'm sure your ideas will come to fruitition.