Friday 23 November 2012

Eyes are important!

The majority of my time has been spent with those long needles otherwise known as knitting pins.   I am now halfway through the Twenties Chic Top but have severe withdrawl symptoms from lack of eyes.   In my needles of course!
Unable to restrain myself I picked up a small bookmark kit and have created leaves and a poppy, all the while continuing to keep those knitting pins happy.  Half the bookmark is done and I intend to complete this over the weekend.
The HD3QEM and I have made an itinerary for our shopping tomorrow in an effort to cross off as much as possible from the dreaded Christmas Shopping List.   As we will be travelling in the direction of my LNS we will of course stop there and I have a list of "needs" which can hopefully be fulfilled and allow me the pleasure of a final decision on what to stitch in 2013.  
At work today the boss had a major clean out of old stock and I put my hand out for these. 
Now I am hoping there will be time over the weekend for a clean out of the stash cupboard.  However I do have a list of chores to do and the stash cupboard comes under the heading of pleasure, so we shall see how time goes.
I still have a very sore throat and am waiting the results of a swab test.   'Not talking' is not really an option is it?   Reading is more pleasurable when the book is shared with others; TV is better when discussed; even audio books require a post mortem when complete.   I do a far amount of talking in a day and by 10pm at night my poor throat lets me know of the overwork.   So this could be a quiet weekend?
Have a good evening everyone.


5 comments:

Pamela said...

I agree - eyes are important. I like the bookmark! It's good to have something as a change of pace that finishes up quick.

Nicola said...

It is nice to dabble in all crafts but the needle with eyes will always be my favourite.

I totally agree that

"reading is more pleasurable when the book is shared with others; TV is better when discussed; even audio books require a post mortem when complete"

You have summed it up beautufully.

cucki said...

yup.,.i agree that too..eyes are so important..
the book mark is so pretty..
have a lovely weekend x

Ann at Beadlework. said...

It's such a pity that you're still having issues with your throat Margaret. I hope it resolves very soon. The bookmark design is very pretty, flowers never fail to please.

Anna van Schurman said...

Love the poppy! So colorful.