Saturday 6 October 2012

Regional Day

Today I have been to the south of the city to an Embroiderer's regional gathering.  It is always fun to catch up with others and see what everyone is stitching.   Today I determined not to succumb to temptation and purchased only the pair of scissors I need for my next project.   There were several traders there and lots of temptation!   Besides that there were displays from the various guilds of pieces that members had completed.   Now those were temptations of a different nature!   Is it covetous to want to do what others have done??  
Just look at this table of goodies -  there were several pieces there that I would love to try my hand at.  Perhaps when I retire!
While listening to the speakers I finished off the Cricket Collection Santa piece.   He is so cute.  I really love him.  
And as the chairperson reminded us today  -  there are only 12 weeks till Christmas.   Already my local supermarket has a huge display of specialty tins of biscuits and chocolates and stands of the ingredients needed for Christmas Cake!   Isn't it a little early for all that?
Tonight my favourite programmes are on the television and after I have cooked dinner I will settle for amarathon session of TV viewing and buttonhole edging.   Hope you all have an equally enjoyable and profitable evening.

6 comments:

Maggie said...

Yep, Christmas goodies are on the shelves in the UK shops too, i must confess that i have already started buying a few things for the girls ;-)

The table looks full of lovely pieces, i like the wreath, your Santa is really cute too :-)

Have a good weekend x

Karen said...

So many beutiful things! I love your Santa!

Annie said...

cutest little santa!

Always early here in Sweden too with all the christmas things, stores starts too soon. With two months of christmas before actual christmas I usually feel abit worn out.

What a lovely photo of the table goodies! Just want to see all so close, love the Alison Snepp Case and the purse with the drawstring:)
Take care and have a lovely weekend!
Anette

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I like the sound of your evening Margaret, I'm hoping for much the same. Some knitting/stitching and watching some good television can be very relaxing.

Pamela said...

I do miss the social time with the guild meetings and activities!

kimstitch3 said...

cute Santa