Sunday 24 June 2012

What do you do all day???

Sometimes I get asked this question?   So I decided to take some photos and show you.
Roadworks add an extra 25 minutes to the journey at the moment!
Stop off at Labtests for a regular blood check.
Log on to the computer and the day begins.
Nelix the Rainbow Lorikeet belongs to the Operations Manager and comes to the warehouse each day.
Whenever I walk down from my office he wolf whistles at me -  but rather that than the bad language he has picked up from other staff!
At lunchtime I take the banking to the ANZ. 
Then drop the post into the mailbox.
Then the next in line is ....?
No Margaret!   You have a healthy packed lunch in the car!
But a quick stop at the Library is a must. Another pile of books from these shelves. 
 And there I am afraid, the photos run out.   I was too embarrassed to take my camera to the gym!   Coming home by car is the same as going to work -  only in reverse.

So, on the stitching front what have I been doing? 
I unpicked the error , stitched the outline of one half of part three and completed both halves of part two.   Around The World in 80 Stitches is a 24 part SAL which is severely taxing my poorly developed sense of colour and design.
The colours aren't true here but the shapes are.   The "four leaf" shape at the top is repeated at the bottom and is to contain Russian stitches.
The centre "tulip" shapes have stitches from Scandanavia (Swedish Split Stitch, Danish Knots, Kloster Blocks, Mordvinian Star Stitch) and were fun. Sorry this one is sideways on but it won't turn around for me !
One night I decided to look out my one and only UFO (Unfinished Object) and cut off the unused linen and throw out the rest. But I found it really is around 3/4 finished so it gets a reprieve and I will finish it this year.
When I started at the Embroiderers Guild (12 years ago?) I made a vow not to have any UFOs and with this exception I have managed that. So it will feel like a personal victory if I can get this finished. One UFO is probably not to bad but I do have 4 WIPs so cannot claim any sainthood in this!
And finally, Kelly's Growth Chart is progressing.
   I am working on the snake under the 100 at the moment and should finish him tonight. So far so good and as her birthday is the end of November I am well on track for this.
This afternoon I went to see Kelly.  She's really cute and growing so fast.
And that is the catch up from my part of the world.   The HDHBEM has been to a respiratory physician this week and we are relieved that this chronic chest infection is not sinister and are confidently trying his recommended treatment.  
And so another week begins.

3 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

That's good news about your mum, it's very reassuring. I enjoyed joining you for a day, it's the mundane that makes up most of our lives is it not. You really do deserve a medal on the lack of UFO's - I'm totally ashamed of mine and wouldn't ever count them. In fact most have found their way to the bin.

Chris said...

Glad to hear that your Mom is getting better :)
I loved seeing your day.
That hardanger piece is lovely. I hope that it is in the finished pile soon!
Have a great week.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Love the parakeet!
The hardanger piece is amazing, you really must finish it now.
I only have one really bad UFO, it's stitched on hideously hard aida which scratches me when I stitch!