Thursday 29 March 2012

Stuck!

The stitching is now completed and I know why I don't 'design' -  when the artistic genes were handed out I missed my turn and so became destined to be a good follower of instructions and a poor creator thereof!
However, for better for worse the stitching is now done.   But I am stuck.   In all my stash of cotton fabrics there is none that is suitable as the backing for this.   I need to buttonhole separately around both the front piece and the back piece thus attaching a backing to each and then buttonhole the buttonhole stitch to attach the two pieces together.   Got that??   So I am stuck -  like Piglet in the hole.  I cannot go forward and I cannot go back.   I wait, stuck until I can get to the store and hopefully find a suitable fabric.

In despair I looked in my "to complete this year" box which sits on the shelf of the coffee table.  
No,  I don't want to do another animal on the Growth Chart. 
No, I don't want to do another bookmark.  
No, I don't want to start another project. 
Okay, the Heirloom Nativity Sampler it is.   And I fished that out and then decided that I wasn't even going to do that this evening.   I am too tired.   A busy day at work and then a highly demanding session with the trainer at the gym means I am tired and I want a rest.   So it's off to bath and bed.  Goodnight everybody.

2 comments:

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Nice finish, hope you find a great fabric. CJ in OK ;-)

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Why are we always missing just the right thread, just the right fabric or just the right linen when we have so much to choose from - I think the answer is that we are perfectionists.