Sunday 26 February 2012

A visit to Kelly and a stitching update

This afternoon I went to visit Kelly.   She's now three months old, full of smiles and gurgles of happiness.   At the point where she became 'smelly' I handed her back to her father!



Les Petite Japnaises is coming along.   I have finished the stitching for the pin holder and biscornu as well as the base of the netsuke scissor holder.

The netsuke scissor holder has the 'head' separate from the 'body'.   I foresee a degree of adventure in the construction phase!  

Currently I am working on the head -  but oh the amount of DMC 310 in that black hair of which I have only a partial outline done at present.   Still the end is in sight and I admit I am thoroughly enjoying this piece.  It is simple but effective and I hope I can do due justice to the construction.
Today we have had a sunny day - not too warm, but sunny.   Our summer has not been highly successful this year and already there is a touch of autumn in the air.   The mornings are darker and we have a month until daylight saving ends and that will officially signal the end summer.   Oh dear oh dear.  

4 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Your finishing is always excellent, so I'm sure you will do justice to the design. It's odd to hear you talk of summer ending when we're looking forward to winter ending.

Hazel said...

What a cutie! Look forward to seeing your finish. x

sheri said...

Oh, I can't wait to see everything finished!

Anonymous said...

Hello

What a sweet baby.

Your project looks great. I'm looking forward to seeing how it will be finished.