Monday 20 December 2010

Bargello Sewing Case - FINITO

Good evening all - did you hear the Happy Dance from your place.   The Sewing Case is finito!   In the end I padded it with Doctors Flannel and lined the whole thing with cream coloured taffeta lining which gives a satisfying rustle and a hint of glamour to the inside. All in all I am quite pleased and even more so that the embedded date is quite truthful.
Anyway here are some photos.

The completed front

Opened to show the inside of the pocket

The back

And a close up of the back

This was an enjoyable stitch and had enough variety of specialty stitches to keep me totally involved.
Tonight I want to begin assembling the large frame for The Historic Countries Sampler - I plan on making that the project for 2011 but am itching to get started now; right now -  as in immediately!   But I had better get my priorities straight.   I haven't yet decided on the menu for Christmas Day, nor made the shopping list, nor wrapped the remaining presents.    Well, after all completion of stitching goals is an essential isn't it?!
Have a good evening everyone.

6 comments:

Sheila said...

WOW!!!
Absolutely STUNNING!!!!!! You did a fabulous job and it will be an heirloom piece. Congratulations :)

Tatkis said...

Lovely bargello sewing case, great work!

Best wishes,
Tatyana

hohla said...

Margaret! So many exciting finished works you show! Very nice! Bravo!

Catherine said...

Lovely finish!!

Anne said...

Wow!!I love your sewing case! My husband and I are amazed at how stunning it looks, from the choice of colours to your stitching! Congrats!

Heather said...

That is really pretty! Well done.