Thursday 23 September 2010

Ukranian Whitework Mat

A snapshot tonight of my current Work In Progress.   This is a small mat in Ukranian Whitework - well although that is technically the name of this type of embroidery the colour is a beautiful pale aquamarine.   The linen is a piece from Weeks Dye Works and the Perle threads are DMC 3813   Satin stitch and ladder hemstitch, while rhythmical, are not the most interesting stitches but those Ukranian connected eyelets were great fun.
I feel as if I have turned the corner tonight when I literally did so and everything added up!   Such a sense of satisfaction when all those threads count out correctly.   Hopefully another week or so will see this finished.

Today I made an appointment with the dentist and was a little shocked to find that it's 5 years since I paid him a visit.   Paid is the important word in that sentence!   Dentists fees are so expensive.  I remember him asking then why I didn't come more regularly.   My answer at the time was that I preferred to spend money on my eyesight as while false teeth were available false eyes were not, a philosphy I still adhere to.   

Well good night from stormy Auckland.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one who crosses my fingers and toes when I come to a corner and pray my count isn't off. :) Your Mat looks gorgeous. I love the colour.

Tatkis said...

Your current process looks great!
And it seems that situation with dentists is the same in different countries :)

Best wishes,
Tatyana

hohla said...

Margaret! What a beautiful design! I really like it!

Siobhán said...

Your mat is GORGEOUS! Such pretty stitches. I hear you on the dentist visits. Yikes!