Wednesday 29 September 2010

Ukranian Whitework Mat - update

Good evening everyone.   Thought I had better update my current Work In Progress.   While the aim was to have this finished by the end of the week, I now think it may take the weekend as well to fully complete.   However, I am now on to the 'square eyelets' and then there are the VerkHopLoot triangle borders and the hem.   Reading instructions sure slows down progress but is certainly essential!   There has been a lot of reverse stitching in this mat.

Have you ever wondered what it is in the human psyche that while we are working on one thing we dream of everything else we want to do?   I found this Quaker Chess Board recently (do click on the link and see it) and despite my resolutions and plans I find myself wanting it. So far so good and I am sticking to my resolutions and plans but how long I can hold out against the voice of temptation I am not sure.   May be if I purchased the chart it would ease the pressure??

On 1st October GST (Goods and Services Tax) rises by 2.5% and work is busy making sure that all systems are go for that.   And as a consolation prize income tax drops so I've had work to do on the payroll system to ensure that is all updated too.   Still only two days of the working week to go.

Have a good evening everyone.   See you sson.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Your Whitework Mat is coming along nicely. I look forward to seeing the finished piece.

It is strange that while working on something that I really wanted to do, I often think about "what's next."

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.