Saturday 21 November 2009

Merry Noel Chicken

Some of you have been asking for details of the Christmas Chook!
He's from this chart by Twisted Oaks (which I bought on line from www.abcstitch.com) but substituted overdyed Threadworx Floss in dark red 1089 and dark green 1048. I stitched him on 28 count antique white cashel linen. To answer your question Carol R, I didn't measure him but he stood about 5inches high I think. He is certainly not a tree ornament for the 4 foot Christmas Tree I have :-)
Hope you are all enjoying as fine and sunny a weekend as I am.

3 comments:

Carol R said...

Thanks for the info Margaret. He's a lot bigger than I'd imagined!

Ruth said...

Yes, he might overwhelm your tree :) He is absolutely darling though.

Thanks for dropping by my blog.

Julianne said...

Thank you so much for the information. This is truly a beautiful ornament. You did a beautiful job on it.