Sunday 7 June 2009

Blackbird Desgins Exchange

Marie has let me know the package I sent to her for this exchange with Friends Through Threads has arrived so I am safe now to post a photo. I stitched her "My Pink House" and made it in to a bourse. This was fun to do - all the dorset "wheel" buttons and the closure rings made it a little special. Although it was the first bourse I had ever attempted I was reasonably happy with the result and Marie said she liked it so that's what counts. I made a small scissor fob using part of the pattern and a "tomato pincushion" in the same fabric as the lining. This was a delightful pattern to stitch and I intend to do one for myself some day.
You can see Marie's much better photos here if you scroll down a little.
Last night I finished the second biscornu - no more of those for a while. This biscornu was supposed to have silk on the bottom but I was rather reluctant to attempt that so found some "spice coloured" linen at the LNS which almost matches the Nutmeg thread used in the biscornu so am happy with that. These two have been a real pleasure to stitch and I am enjoying looking at them as I start the first of the birthday gifts which are next on my list.

Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend and that it is warmer than here!

6 comments:

Ellen said...

Love your bourse and biscornu, they are gorgeous. I also like the special touch, the handmade buttons.

Hugs,

Melissa said...

Beautiful work, Margaret!

Cheryl said...

You talented lady! The bourse is gorgeous...as is the biscornu

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a lovely boruse, but that biscornu is just devine!!!!

DovilÄ— said...

the bourse is amazing, and biscornu looks great:)

From the Attic said...

What beautiful work. Both your bourse and biscornu are wonderful. Those dorset wheel buttons certainly add that individual touch and the colours in that biscornu are gorgeous.

Happy sttiching!

Chrissie