Monday 6 April 2009

An update on the green chicken and the final piece of framing.

The green Quaker Chicken Pin Cushion is coming along. The Needle Necessities thread makes this an interesting stitch and yesterday I got the beads for the comb and the waddle as I intend to finish this over the coming long weekend. This chicken is making a journey to an as yet unsuspecting friend and the chicken coop - oops box! - is all prepared and the local supermarket has provided some chocolate eggs to accompany this unusual chook!
The third piece I had framed is to go in an embroidery exhibition later this year and after that will hang on my wall - yes I have to confess that I don't give away all my needlework although there is a fair amount spread among friends and relatives around the world. I took a close up shot too that shows the dandelion tufts which denote the hours. Installing the clock mechanism was a challenge for the framer but she was delighted with the result - as am I!

12 comments:

Rowyn said...

I have to say that, that is the first cross stitch clock I have ever liked. It's beautiful!

Ellen said...

Beautiful clock, love it.

Hugs

valerie said...

Love the clock! That's a neat finish. I really like the green color thread you're using for the chicken. I can't wait to see it all finished up.

Natasha said...

I absolutly LOVE the green floss you are using. What a pretty green.
Natasha

Lucy said...

I love the green thread!

Daffycat said...

Wonderful dandelion clock! It's so darling!

Sonda said...

Can't wait to see the finished chicken!!! I LOVE that dandelion clock!

Nima said...

wow...beautiful clock

Jeanie said...

LOVE the dandelion clock !

Brigitte said...

Wow, your new clock looks fantastic! It certainly wasn't easy for the framer to do but the result is very special.

Anonymous said...

I love your Quaker chicken colors. That green is just perfect.

This is the first cross stitch clock that I've yet seen that I actually like. Yours is simple, cheery, elegant and very well finished. Well done!

Gill - That British Woman said...

that is so pretty that clock. Was it from a kit?

Gill in Canada