Monday 2 February 2009

Hello again

Surgery is over and although still one armed and doped with pain killers I am back! There are a couple of things to report. The two recent exchanges on HOE have been received so I can show them.
The first was a Lizzie Kate Exchange which went to Joan. As it was winter in USA I sent a Spring themed gift. You can see her reaction here. I was quite pleased with how well this stitched up. Lizzie Kate designs are fun aren't they.
Second was a Valentines Exchange which went to Michelle in Texas. For Valentines it had to be a heart didn't it and this sampler heart needle case by Ilse Alther was a treat to stitch. I am pleased Michelle liked it. Michelle has better pictures on her blog so go visit.



And I also received a package from Sally with a cute Lizzi Kate pinkeep, notecards, chocolate, threads, tissues and a handmade card showing where she lives in Michigan. Thankyou very much Sally for a great package.

I am still unable to stitch and the frustration levels are building! The DVDs of James Bond are no substitute!! I have been doing a lot of reading and also dreaming of what I will stitch when the sling is off and the arm is free. Meanwhile I am checking up on your blogs my friends so keep up your inspiration!

13 comments:

Daffycat said...

Beautiful exchange gifts, Margaret! You do such lovely stitching and finishing.

Glad to hear the surgery went well and I hope you'll be able to stitch again soon!

Lisa V said...

Good to hear your surgery went well. Dont worry you will be stitching up a storm again before you know it. Take care.

Melissa said...

Nice to see you're back online and on the mend. I know it must be frustrating not to be able to stitch yet though. Hang in there!

The exchanges are beautiful!

Speedy recovery!

Becky K in OK said...

Wonderful exchange pieces. So glad to hear you are on the road to recovery!

hohla said...

Hi Margaret. Get healthy - i hope you will cure your hand fast. As for your stuff - it's great as always!

Nic said...

I hope that your arm isn't too painful and that you can soon be stitching again!

DovilÄ— said...

The exchanges are beautiful! I like the heart.

Speedy recovery!

staci said...

I'm glad that your surgery went well...wishing you a very speedy recovery!!!

Olga said...

All the exchange pieces are very pretty. Get well soon.
Take care.

Nana's Quilts said...

Glad to hear that you're "holding up". Sewing time will get here fairly soon.

Good wishes,
Marne

Lynn B said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery Margaret, it must be very frustrating not being able to stitch! I have a problem with my shoulder, the Doctor here is going to send me for a scan, he thinks I might need an operation for rotator cuff surgery and the first thing I thought was 'oh no it's my right arm and I won't be able to stitch!!!LOL
The Valentine heart that you stitched is beautiful.
Sending you hugs from England!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! I'm glad your surgery went well.

Sonda said...

Hope you heal up really fast! Those are lovely exchanges!!