Monday 28 July 2008

What a weekend!

Wouldn't you know it? I plan to stitch all weekend and then a "weather bomb" hits and along with heavy rain and strong winds the power goes out and .... How on earth the pioneers managed to stitch by candlelight I do not know but it doesn't work for me! Fortunately the power company men work all day all night and so on Sunday the lights were on again and my spirits rose so I can show you part two of the lilac mystery. This is fun and a challenge to stitch.
The Wiehenberg Susanne Sampler is coming on - I am almost completed page 1. The photo is lousy but I am really enjoying this - it's very relaxing to stitch. I rather like the "Deep Sea" thread on the Confederate Grey linen. This will definitely be framed and go on the wall of my bedroom. Today I have brought to work, the "ingredients" to start a Floss Tag for a friend at Embroiderers Guild. (I usually stitch at lunchtime.) We haven't really heard of these things much in NZ and with Staci's tutorial and Deb's encouragement I hope to manage a successful one to show when I get together with my friend for a stitch day in September

4 comments:

staci said...

Your lilac mystery and Suzanne sampler are both lovely...it does make you wonder how the pioneers were able to create such beautiful handwork with such poor lighting!

I'm sure your floss tag will be as wonderful as all of your stitching :)

Jenna said...

I had a similar issue earlier today. We had a severe thunderstorm with hail and the power kept flickering, so I didn't want to ruin my Ott light bulb with all of the off and on. I really like your lilac mystery. It's so pretty! So is your Susanne sampler. I can't wait to see your first floss tag!

Carol R said...

Your lilac mystery is beautiful and so is the Wiehenberg Susanne Sampler. I look forward to seeing your floss tag.
Keep safe in the bad weather - it's going to hot and sunny here again today :o)

Olga said...

Your lilac mysteryis coming along so beautifully! I love the color of the floss you chose for it.